Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My D2D blog about "Driven to Distraction", aka "D2D".

Long ago I became increasingly aware of my difficulties of staying on task. I now call it "D2D". When in my younger years, I was able to satisfy myself with getting things done. I figured a plan of action, gathered the tools necessary and did it. Sort of like "just do it".

Nowadays, I'm in my seventies and often finding myself looking at other things while on my way to start a mission and see something and stopping to consider options. Such distractions often lead me to changing course to take care of what has now attracted (distracted) me to fix the new challenge, i.e., put the screwdriver down and tend to the new item. Having put the distraction to bed, it was often a chore to locate the screwdriver. Hence, D2D all over again.

D2D has affected me adversely throughout my life. I have not been diagnosed with those now more recent acronyms all too familiar with the school-age population. I have not sought diagnosis from my PCP or others. It's my D2D persona and I'm used to it but it is quite frustrating.

Readers may have similar challenges and I'm sure that I'm not alone. So chime in with any relative comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment